Extended Essay

Survival Robot

okay, so I want to do something along the lines of: "What role did Benazir Bhutto play in the advancement of female politicans fighting for democray in Pakastin? however a teacher at my school who reads all the extended essay and does the predicted mark and everything said that i might not be able to get resources in English for this topic, but isn't English one of Pakastin offical languages?

Also, with that topic... you'd have to focus on something around ten years ago

because in the EE guidebook it states that we cannot do EE on events that have occured within the past 10 years because these events may be considered 'current events'. Check it out.

I've got 2400 words on my EE and I just feel like I'm not writing enough of good information and rather just stating too many facts. >_< Well my first draft if due in a week and a halfish so I hope to write about 1200 words during these days. 3600 words doesn't seem too bad, right?

I'm looking into the fields of Combinatorics & Optimization or Cryptography in Mathematics for my Extended Essay. It's something that I'm really fascinated in, and will probably going into university so it'll look good on my application (that I've written a 4000 word paper on the field I'm going into). :)

Hi :)

ok...im only in grade 10 but wow...looking at all these comments on EE gets me nervous

im really not a literature person...esp not in english.

i was just wondering, you can do your EE in ANY language you want? since i would LOVE to do it in chinese or french....

and anyone care to give some simple+interesting topics? ( in any areas )

:( thanks~

Also, with that topic... you'd have to focus on something around ten years ago

because in the EE guidebook it states that we cannot do EE on events that have occured within the past 10 years because these events may be considered 'current events'. Check it out.

My instructor told us to stay away from events that occured 20 years ago or earlier, since they can still be considered like you said: "current events" and all the information/data might not have been fully uncovered yet, and stuff like that.

Guest Lily Bean
My instructor told us to stay away from events that occured 20 years ago or earlier, since they can still be considered like you said: "current events" and all the information/data might not have been fully uncovered yet, and stuff like that.

It's 10-15 years actually

It's 10-15 years actually
So there is an actual time frame that you should stay away? I was always under the idea that it's best to stay away from newer events, as there still might be some controversy behind them. And 10 years seems a bit little to me, I mean - could you imagine kids writing about 9/11 in 2011. :) That'd be sure to be a hot topic.

Guest Lily Bean
So there is an actual time frame that you should stay away? I was always under the idea that it's best to stay away from newer events, as there still might be some controversy behind them. And 10 years seems a bit little to me, I mean - could you imagine kids writing about 9/11 in 2011. :) That'd be sure to be a hot topic.

Well that is why they changed the History syllabus recently. For M10 people they'll be studying history till the year 2000. I think IBO revises History syllabus every 5 years. So yes, in a few years, people will be studying 9/11, probably as HL option though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing my extended essay on the Rwandan genocide.. specifically Romeo Dallaire + the United Nation's involvement in the genocide. I investigate if the UN did enough to help end the genocide (or prevent it in the first place).

Want to share the title of your extended essay?

Or perhaps need help choosing one?

This is the place.

Psychology - The Psychology of Road Rage: A discussion of psychological explanations of road rage and policy implications.

I'm doing my extended essay on the Rwandan genocide.. specifically Romeo Dallaire + the United Nation's involvement in the genocide. I investigate if the UN did enough to help end the genocide (or prevent it in the first place).

interesting, but i advise you to develop it a tad bit, only because it's known that the UN didn't take enough action. you could investigate the reasons BEHIND this; the UN, after all, is comprised of member states [heck, the Security Council has the USA, FRANCE, UK, etc.] who did not envision any assets in rwanda. i WAS going to write about the Rwandan genocide- the question was:

US intervention in Rwanda: A critical analysis of justifications for the adoption of an apathetic stance toward the genocide. US foreign policy, basically. (their intervention in somalia was a failure; they had no interests in rwanda; etc.)

i'm doing my EE in history. "How have historians differed over AJP Taylor’s interpretation of Hitler’s role in causing the Second World War?" but i write the essay first and then make up a title which suits my essay :(

very cool. my history teacher would love this haha. how would you approach this topic? would you provide various historians' arguments about hitler's responsiblity for the war and their stance regarding taylor's view of hitler?

i'm only asking because i'm interested haha- don't worry, i won't steal your topic..i've my own and have already started :(

you should read 'the origins of the second world war' :)

Edited by cokesandcokes

very cool. my history teacher would love this haha. how would you approach this topic? would you provide various historians' arguments about hitler's responsiblity for the war and their stance regarding taylor's view of hitler?

i'm only asking because i'm interested haha- don't worry, i won't steal your topic..i've my own and have already started :(

you should read 'the origins of the second world war' :(

i've just started my essay. but i'm going to look at taylor's point of view regarding for example "Mein Kampf" or the Hossbach Memorandum and Hitler's responsibility for the outbreak and then i compare it to the opinions of other historians like Alan Bullock or Ian Kershaw! I love my topic it's very interesting, but sometimes i'm finding it quite hard to analyse the different opinions.

my history teacher told me about the book "origins of the second world war" and i almost finished reading it :)