Optional topics for my Sciences

Fire-Explosion

Anyone here have an issue on selecting optional topics for the sciences?

For physics, we had to go for Astrophysics for our optional topic but I wanted to do Engineering physics  :urgh: 

and also for chemistry, we had to go for human biochemistry but I wanted to do energy option. :headchop:

I am not really happy with the options my school offers :chair:

Wait so the optional courses that we're going to learn are chosen by our teachers?

For Biology my teacher said that we'll be doing Ecology and Conservation as our option even though I wanna take Biotechnology and Bioinformatics  :crying:

I don't mind the option we gotta take for chemistry though (Medicinal Chemistry)

My teacher chose the options for us and we are all doing the same options.

I took physics and I wanted to do engineering physics because it has applications in real life. My physics teacher chose astro-physics because of the ACT cirriculum.

Same goes for chemistry, I wanted to do energy option because it is more physics related but I am fine with materials and medicinal option but I never liked bio-chemistry and my chem teacher chose to do bio-chemistry option for the same reason.

In Biology our option was chosen for us: Further Human Physiology.

Our HL Chemistry teacher is specialized in medicinal chemistry and our SL Chemistry teacher is specialized in biochemistry so the HL and SL kids merged together and we have an option between those two.

I love biochemistry so if you need any help with that I could definitely at least try to lend a hand :)