Hey Everyone! I just have a simple question (hopefully)...

What are the grade boundaries for TOK for the new syllabus? Both for the presentation and for the essay?

Also, I got a 7 out of 10 in my first attempt at the TOK presentation (had it on a Friday and my prelims from Monday to Thursday so it held no priority therefore I invested no time :( ). I was wondering, should I do a second attempt (our school allows a "practice" but if you do well then they don't make you do it again)? I am aiming to get my 3 points for TOK and EE because I want a good score by the end of this, BUT I am not sure if I can completely put my faith in getting an A for my EE...

So basically what I am asking is for the grade boundaries, and if anyone thinks I can still get an A in TOK having only gotten 7 in my presentation, or do you think I should resit and invest more time in the presentation?

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

What are the grade boundaries for TOK for the new syllabus? Both for the presentation and for the essay?

Also, I got a 7 out of 10 in my first attempt at the TOK presentation (had it on a Friday and my prelims from Monday to Thursday so it held no priority therefore I invested no time :( ). I was wondering, should I do a second attempt (our school allows a "practice" but if you do well then they don't make you do it again)? I am aiming to get my 3 points for TOK and EE because I want a good score by the end of this, BUT I am not sure if I can completely put my faith in getting an A for my EE...

So basically what I am asking is for the grade boundaries, and if anyone thinks I can still get an A in TOK having only gotten 7 in my presentation, or do you think I should resit and invest more time in the presentation?

okay so the presentation is 1/3 of your TOK grade, and the essay is 2/3;  with a 7 in the presentation it's hard to get an A in TOK, as you'd need 10/10 in the essay. But if you get a B in TOK (so get a 9 in the essay) and an A in the EE, you can still score three points. If you redo the presentation and do well on the essay, and get an A for TOK, then you can allow yourself a B in the EE and still get the three points. Below I leave th TOK-EE point matrix just in case.

TOK_matrix.jpg

okay so the presentation is 1/3 of your TOK grade, and the essay is 2/3;  with a 7 in the presentation it's hard to get an A in TOK, as you'd need 10/10 in the essay. But if you get a B in TOK (so get a 9 in the essay) and an A in the EE, you can still score three points. If you redo the presentation and do well on the essay, and get an A for TOK, then you can allow yourself a B in the EE and still get the three points. Below I leave th TOK-EE point matrix just in case.

TOK_matrix.jpg

that one is wrong --- they kinda changed the system.   I think the combination of B and C will get you 2 points. 

TOK_matrix.jpg

Alright, firstly don't listen to eross cause he doesn't know what he's talking about

Grade boundaries change from year to year, but in May 2015 they were as follows.

A- 23-30
B- 17-22
C- 11-16
D- 5-10
E- 0-4

So you received a 7/10 on your presentation, which isn't bad at all. Your presentation is worth 1/3 of your TOK and your essay is worth the remaining 2/3. They just double your essay grade and add it to your presentation to sum it out of 30. If you do the math, you need to score 8 in the essay to get an A, going by the May 2015 boundaries.
Edited by gusmanK
  • Like 3

Alright, firstly don't listen to eross cause he doesn't know what he's talking about

Grade boundaries change from year to year, but in May 2015 they were as follows.

A- 23-30
B- 17-22
C- 11-16
D- 5-10
E- 0-4

So you received a 7/10 on your presentation, which isn't bad at all. Your presentation is worth 1/3 of your TOK and your essay is worth the remaining 2/3. They just double your essay grade and add it to your presentation to sum it out of 30. If you do the math, you need to score 8 in the essay to get an A, going by the May 2015 boundaries.

yeah don't listen to me hahah I don't know what math I was doing when I posted that... clearly lack of sleep and stress have been messing with my brain (just in time for my math final next week!)