Colleges Perception of Extended Essay

Musicaltheatre!

Hello,

How do colleges' perception of you change according to your extended essay topic. I want to write my extended essay in theatre and have the question include some aspect of psychology but mainly theatre. I want to be a musical theatre and psychology major. Will this affect any of the departments' perception of me?

Im applying to US btw

Thank You

A lot of them will be impressed that you've decided to do something so relevant! In a chance where someone with the exact same grades and similar extracurriculars is chosen, and there's only room for one, I believe the admissions would prefer you over the other competitor (if they wrote their EE in say Business & Management or something).

It isn't a HUGE factor in your application, but it definitely is one that'll boost it and make you more appealing as a candidate :)

generally they won't know about your EE unless you specifically tell them about it. 

if you want to be a theatre major first of all, high five! me too! Secondly, theatre EE's are super rewarding and quite easy to do well in because there's such a huge range of topics to choose from. don't do a musical theatre EE though because they go really badly always. something with applied theatre is a good conjunction between theatre and psychology but mostly do a topic you're interested in and you want to investigate for you rather than thinking about what your university will think about because they probably will never see the EE