Need some recommendations for English EE

TheFlash99

So I wanna do my EE in English, and I want to compare two works that are similar. I was gonna do a famous novel and an obscure one, but I think that it's a better idea to do two non-famous novels.

So basically, I want some recommendations based on the these criteria:

• Both books are not famous, but they're not that obscure either. They haven't been dissected to death.
  • They share a similar idea between and I can draw out parallels.

That's basically it, I guess. I wanna decide on the books asap so I can read them over Christmas break. It doesn't have to be a book either, it can be a play or something, but something that's long enough to dissect a lot, so no poetry basically. Anyway yeah, thanks in advance, this might help me a lot!

I can't really give any recommendations because there are so many! I would first try to find a topic that you're interested or an author you enjoy reading and start there. Or you could start with a certain theme (coming-of-age, greed, isolation, empowerment etc) and try to find two books that share this theme. If you google 'books about greed Goodreads' you can find a bookshelf on Goodreads with lots of book on that subject. I also want to write my EE in english so I'm gonna be doing the same during my break :') Good luck!

Edited by nbortfeld