Business & Management vs. math EE

In my school we have three topics (subjects) that we choose to do our EE on and my first two choices are Business and Management and Math (I take both at HL level). I was curious about which one to do an EE on. Which subject is it easier to get an A (so to speak)? I like both so I don't mind doing either and for both I have pretty good supervisors.

Edited by sanni

Liking a subject isn't enough grounds for you to start an EE on it.

I would advice you to begin thinking for a topic to write about instead of the subject. I like math and I am doing my EE on it. When I wrote my EE proposal to my supervisor I proposed ten different topics as choices, he approved all of them which confuses me in choosing which topic should I write about - I liked all of them. I began my EE in one topic and decided to change it because the research was 'lacking extensions' (I cannot make 4000 words out of it)

Begin pre-research to see which topic is easier or suitable for research, then you decide the subject.

I began my EE in one topic and decided to change it because the research was 'lacking extensions' (I cannot make 4000 words out of it)

The math EE has no minimum word count requirement.

sanni: It depends on which one do you think will stand out. My friend and I both managed to incorporate original data and got A's on our math EEs. It may be easier, as a writer, to identify problems in a math EE, but more difficult to write in general in creating certain arguments. 

The math EE has no minimum word count requirement.

My school has a standard to have the EE be at least 3200 words [i.e. 80% of the maximum limit]. Although they did mention it's not IB-specified standards, I feel that this requirement is made to make sure the EE has appropriate depth. Which then I changed topic to prevent examiners from marking down my score due to that.

My advice is: Do not listen to any of us... (Ironic isn't it, but true)

We are not you, and you know yourself better than we do. When I was in IB1, I listened to some random advice on the internet saying maths EE is so bloody hard, so I avoided it, even though my inner voice was telling me maths EE was right for me. 

I then turned to Biology, (people say it is easy and fun), but It went so badly and I could not write a single word. I wasted a whole year researching something that I hated. I am now doing maths EE again and it cannot be more rewarding. (Some examiners said my EE was an A, including my teacher). So learn from my mistake haha.

To be honest, I think what udvuvvdu said was not true. You have to love your EE to get an A !!!! Different people are different, and you somewhat already know what you should do. ( Maths or Business, which one would u prefer?) 

Do not let our opinions drown yours haha.  

All the best. 

Edited by Guest