Science Fair Help Needed

allye77

For my school's science fair, the theme this year is 'Space'. I have to incorporate every IB science I'm in into the project somehow. I'm in Biology HL, Physics SL, and Chemistry SL. Does anyone know of any good resources where I could find ideas for a project that incorporates all of those sciences but falls under the topic of 'Space'? Thanks!

Would it be too far-fetched to do about possibilities for colonization of Moon and Mars, you could speak about food production (biology), energy harvesting (physics) and getting oxygen and water (chemistry)?

If it needs to be about further space including biology seems hard. Hmm, or you could speak about what makes planef suitable for life? As its life it obiviously includes bio, then life (according to our current perception) also requires certain chemical compounds (chem) and suitable temperature, and that therre is not fatal radiation (physics)

• Like 1

For my school's science fair, the theme this year is 'Space'. I have to incorporate every IB science I'm in into the project somehow. I'm in Biology HL, Physics SL, and Chemistry SL. Does anyone know of any good resources where I could find ideas for a project that incorporates all of those sciences but falls under the topic of 'Space'? Thanks!

In addition to the excellent suggestions from Emilia, you can also talk about things that are going on at the International Space Station. For example, have you heard of the news that scientists have successfully grown plants in space? Read this article for more details: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/aug/10/nasa-astronauts-lettuce-vegetables-grown-space. It's obviously about biology because it concerns with plants. And the growing process in space itself requires knowledge of both chemistry and physics.

Another possible idea is to do something about life in the international space station. Do you know the NASA regularly conduct experiments on astronauts in space in order to figure out how human bodies behave in space? You can obviously talk about studies like those. For example, NASA has found that our eyes are affected by space flight. Why? or how do scientists up there in space transform urines into water for drinking? Or how can we preserve food in space using our technology? There are plenty things to talk about here!!!

Edited by Vioh
  • Like 1