Computer Science IA confusion

Ali Mshasha

Okay so, my computer science teacher is a pretty bad teacher, he knows his stuff but he doesn't know how to teach it, at all.

But i'm not here to rant about my Computer Science teacher, i'm here to ask about my computer science write-up, i finished the programming, the internal documentation, the log and a user guide. All i have left, i presume, is the write-up. Since my teacher hasn't provided our class with any useful information for the past year and a half-ish, we have no idea how to write up the write-up! What do we write about? How do we organise it? 

Last year's Year 13 Student failed computer science so i can't get help from him. So when i looked online ll i found were outdated IAs from 2007-8

Please Help! My class and i would seriously appreciate it

Thanks in advance!

Don't panic - the rest of the world has as much difficulty with the IA as you do. 

What I can offer is some guidance on what to put in the write-up. 

It's a bit worrying that you think you have to produce a user manual, sounding like you don't know about the new spec's guidance on IAs. 

The write up has to have 5 parts and be no more than 2000 words. 

For a complete set of instructions visit http://ib.compscihub.net

The biggest problem is usually judging the complexity of any solution as it is VERY biased. 

Hope that's a bit helpful.

Let me know how you get on. 

Mr C

Edited by MrC_CompSci

Just do a write up based on the 4 criterions + the video

IBO has examples of the write ups on the website

just remember to always link it back to your success criteria from crit a because your client is the major role who gives you your specifications

there are many things that i could talk about in the cs ia, but i can't list all of them out here. but if you have any specific questions on what to do then feel free to pm me and i will be happy to help