UCAS tariff points

Leen

Just something I noticed. When you go to UCAS and look at the conversion of IB grades to UCAS tariff points, they're actually not that bad. Each university has an entry requirement of UCAS tariff points. I am just curious, does anyone know if the universities look at the UCAS tariff points and then look at your IB grade?
On University sites the IB grades tend to be higher than the IB grades are converted to UCAS tariff points.

[quote name='Leen' post='25492' date='Sep 27 2008, 12:52 AM']Just something I noticed. When you go to UCAS and look at the conversion of IB grades to UCAS tariff points, they're actually not that bad. Each university has an entry requirement of UCAS tariff points. I am just curious, does anyone know if the universities look at the UCAS tariff points and then look at your IB grade?
On University sites the IB grades tend to be higher than the IB grades are converted to UCAS tariff points.[/quote]
The best universities say they don't really look at them. They do tell aggregate UCAS tariff points they have for new students, though. I can't really find a source for it right now, but look it up on for example Oxbridge websites, and you'll find out :D .

[quote name='Leen' post='25509' date='Sep 27 2008, 08:40 AM']Ah I see, so top universities don't really look at UCAS tariff points, but what about unis that are good but not necessarily as highly rated as Oxford, like Leeds, and so on?[/quote]

Offers from University of Leeds are [i][b]based on IB points![/b][/i]
In addition, I personally think that UoLeeds is one of the most picky universities in the UK as they proudly declare that [b][i]none of their courses would go on clearing![/i][/b]