Do uni's consider ib year 11 first term grades? If yes, how important are they in comparison to the second term and year 12 grades?

Guest Rohit Pawar

Guest beyondtheimagine

If you were to apply to a university in Canada, they will consider your grade 11 mark for early entrance. But this does not guarantee your spot, if that makes sense. 

Your grade 12 marks are much more important than your grade 11 marks because your grade 12 marks will 100% guarantee your spot in the university that you've applied to. 

For example, some universities allow Full IB Students to apply a few weeks early than other students.

Many universities will take predicted marks. As well if you receive a higher mark in your IB exam than your actual grade 12 diploma or final exam; the university will take your highest mark.

Sorry for the long response!

I hope this answers your question!

Most certainly yes! You cover entire IB subjects in that year and they may be related to the program you are applying for. And this goes without question with early admission.

I am quite sure Unis do not look at your year 11 grades unless you're trying to receive an early entrance. 

I could be very wrong- yet if you took Math HL/ Chem HL/ Bio HL during gr11, and World History HL, French SL and English SL in Grade 12, would it not make more sense for universities to focus on gr11 marks if you applied for a neuroscience program?

Your final IB1 grades (second term) get submitted to the universities, not the first term grades. They do consider it, with your 10th grade results as well, if I'm not wrong. But more important than this is your predicted grades result, so if you get good grades in 11th second term and 12th first term, you'll end up getting good predicted grades. However, the final admission offer is based on your final IB marks and not any other so it's pretty important to focus on that as well. Hope this helps.