Good Graphing Program?

Vicdashit

Yeah, I've used Graphs (really good!!!), normal Excel, and also, if you're comfortable using the TI, you can always print-screen the graphs from there... (this can be done by the CD that comes with them, it sounds complicated, but really, if you have the CD, it's quite simples (in my case the hardest was actually FINDING the CD...))...

Also, if you use the Haesse & Harris Publications textbook, look up the CD that comes along, there's a graphing program there too (I think it's called Graphing Package, not sure though...).. that CD was also useful in my Radiometric Dating portfolio 'cause of the dice simulator...

Ok, those are all the ones I know, but honestly, it's all about the same.. it's just a matter of what you're most comfortable using..

I'm using Microsoft Math and I believe it's perfect! The only thing you can't do there is label values on the x axis as x1 x2, etc. Otherwise, it's perfect!

I've uploaded Microsoft Math and typed a small "Read Me" file to help people to use it.

Here's the link:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/bVlBa0ZjQ1BVbTljR0E9PQ

Just unzip it, read the "Read Me", and enjoy!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend one that is able to graph a series of points? I need this for the BMI math modeling.

Thanks.

I used graphmatica for my BMI math modeling (SL Type II) and it worked out pretty well. It even gives you equations for the plotted lines (ie you can ask for a polynomial to any degree, a quadratic, etc)

I used graphmatica for my BMI math modeling (SL Type II) and it worked out pretty well. It even gives you equations for the plotted lines (ie you can ask for a polynomial to any degree, a quadratic, etc)

If its not too much to ask, can you explain to me how to use that function in a PM or something? I used WzGrapher for my type and I have no idea how to use graphmatica. Thanks.

Edit----

Ok...so I missed read the button above the graph button and was confused that the curve fit meant. I actually got it to work...haha this helps soooooo much.

Edited by Shorty