d

bescherelle

OMG, you are soooo talented!!!

i think you will def. stand a chance!

gosh looking at that just made me feel very err what's a good word here terrified/anxious.

sure i get good marks but i don't do any extra-curricular activities AT ALL

All i do is composing music and playing the violin.

=.= i will never get into any universities <sob>

i have never had a uni ask me for proof that i actually did something. they never ebvena asked me for proof of my leadership positions or awards that i recieved. but ia only applied to US unis and then only three of them at that, but i have never heared of a uni asking for proof.

I think you have a very good chance assuming your GPA is great.

Princeton's middle 50 percentile on SAT scores ranges from 2080-2360, and they only accept around 10% of applicants each year. You may want to consider taking the ACT just to see how you do. The middle 50 percentile for that one is 30-34 (out of 36 possible). Basically, good luck. If you make it, all power to you, you will be in some great company.

Hey I'm considering apply to the United States too from Canada.

Just a question though, what were your grade 10 marks?

I am attending a tutoring institution for improving my SAT score, and they told me that my Grade 10 Marks also mattered~

One of the instructors who went to Duke University told me this too~

Not to be a pain but your SAT II chem score should be 800 too I think because your applying for a Chemistry Major. Not sure though, the other things on your list are quite impressive I have to say.

Its people like you that make me very sad to apply to US universities, because I know I have to compete with you guys :)

Also have you considered other US universities? It's because we're international students, we will have a much harder time getting accepted to the US schools. Usually the top US Schools only accept a small number of International Applicants, for example Cal-Tech only accepts 20 out of 800 :S

Good luck to you. Glad to see a fellow Canadian who wants to study in the states :)

No one has mentioned this but your SAT 2 scores aren't that good, and if you're majoring in Chem, you'd be better off crossing the 700 boundaries in Chem and Bio.

Are you for real?!

look at her SAT 2!

Subject Tests- Chem 790, Bio 770, Math 800

Crossing the 700 boundaries? She's almost crossed the 800 boundaries, lol. (Exaggeration)

And bescherelle I believe you have a pretty big chance of getting accepted. If they don't accept you, who'll they accept? You've aced all types of examinations. IB, SAT 1 and SAT 2. Mashallah. And you have a LOT of extracurricular activities! I think if they don't accept you it's their own loss. :)

Edited by Anonymouser

Are you for real?!

look at her SAT 2!

Crossing the 700 boundaries? She's almost crossed the 800 boundaries, lol. (Exaggeration)

It's because she edited her post and changed them. Pre-Editing they were below 700. I am for real. :)

Thanks for the comments guys. I just heard that universities want to see you have a passion for what you do. What your going into. So I'm just trying to show that with all my sciency extra curricular stuff, especially chem. I believe its not the type of marks that get you into good schools, its the type of person you are and what you've done in your life that have changed or impacted others. Then again thats how most people who want to become doctors feel. Problem for us is that its difficult to find things we like to get involved in high school because out of school stuff (science/global issues) stuff is mainly for uni students and these organizers get kinda picky about that. so yea anyways,

Most US unis give interviews if you apply early? Or is it like UK unis where 80% of applicants get an interview?

P.S do these universities come *near* u or u gotta go to them? as in like cambridge as interviewing centres in Vancouver and New York. Well thats what I heard. Information on this would be appreciated for all of us Canadians.

Edited by bescherelle

Depends on the University. But from what I've seen and experienced(MIT), the earlier you apply the better your chance for an interview. Also, as I've read on MIT's website, if you have an interview there's a bigger chance for you to get accepted. According to MIT: 5% of those who don't have interviews are accepted while 15% of those who do have interviews do.

But mainly, the interview depends on how many people are applying around your area and the availability of EC's. (EC = Educational Counselor) If you apply early, the EC's wouldn't have many people to interview yet, so you'd get the chance to be one of the first (before it gets too busy). I think I was the one of the first to get an interview in Abu Dhabi. I'm not sure about the percentage of applicants that get interviews though. Check Princeton's website, that might help.

By the way, some universities give you the interview without even knowing your grades. I've applied to MIT and had the interview and they still don't know my grades till now. None! (Not even SAT.) So if you havent applied to princeton because you're waiting for your grades or something, then check, because you might not even need to give them your grades to get an interview. Concerning the location, if you live near the university they'd ask you to come (I think), but if you live far, they'd ask an EC that lives near you to interview you. (As in my case.)

P.S. All the info I have is mainly from MIT, as that's where I got the interview, and Princeton. (My friend had an interview from Princeton cause he applied early.) Oh and by applying early I don't mean what universities call "Early Action" I mean just applying early, whether it's Early Action or Regular Action.

Edited by Anonymouser