Geo essay question

Nutella_lover

So we havent even started the chapter yet and my teacher gives me this essay based question which is for 10 marks and is going to be market and counted urgghh the question is 

Ecological footprint gives an accurate indication of the link between population and and resource consumption. Evaluate 

this view 

Can someone please guide me and help me out on how to go about this essay

You should first be familiar with the command terms. 
Evaluate means

Make an appraisal by weighing up the strengths and limitations.

This particular question does not need case studies. The question is essentially asking what are the benefits and oversights if ecological footprint is the sole measurement of population and resource consumption. For starters you should have the definition of e.f.

You should consider what kind of relationships or factors e.f. is AND is not considering. How important are these relationships / factors? What are some special cases that would skew the results for ecological footprint (for example land that is used for a very specific purpose other than your typical city or town). Is there some alternative measurement of population/resource consumption and how do they compensate or are inferior to e.f.?

The markband is in the syllabus, which you should reference when writing the response. In an actual examination, this question should not take you more than 25 minutes.