You think you write bad essays? Think again.

Ruan Chun Xian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Every year, English teachers from across the U.S. can submit their collections of actual analogies and metaphors found in high school essays. These excerpts are published each year. Here are last year's winners.....

my teacher spent an wholeclass period last year reading them to us.... they are still just as funny

Edited by IBStuck

• 1 month later...
Guest quisquis

Not related to essays...but our maths teacher used to be really generous in distributing points.

Consider a question like "Construct {something}"

I used to draw some random (as in, really random, though joint) lines on the paper...and got 1/3 points, comment "This was a start..." Worked several times :)

It also helps to write any "helpful comments" that come to mind such as "These are probably simultaneous equations though I am at a loss how to solve them" [Yes, this is three years back, don't laugh...]

Unfortunately, his policy changed with the IB exams coming nearer...

If anybody knows of 1337speak then you'll understand what my friend wrote.

We had a essay on the Inquisition and my friend wrote:

"Teh Spanizh 1nq1s1t10n are has teh 1337 hax. They are teh pwns. Hax0rz n00bz has teh stop but n00bz phlail."

What was funny is that my history teacher understood what he was saying. She thought it was hilarious and let him write another one.

• 1 month later...

My friend told me that this guy handed a piece of paper that said "This is a risk" for his extended essay and he didn't fail O:

It's probably just a false rumor, but it's still pretty witty! D:!

My friend drew bunnies on her bio test and my teacher wrote "Is this a joke?" :P

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet Zombie Jesus these are funny...

This didn't happen in the IB program (Year 10 at the time), but I pasted a whole section on ricotta cheese for an assingment on radioactivy for my Science class.

It's a good thing that my old science teacher was awesome, and part Czech.

WOOWOOWOO!!!First Post!!!

If anybody knows of 1337speak then you'll understand what my friend wrote.

We had a essay on the Inquisition and my friend wrote:

"Teh Spanizh 1nq1s1t10n are has teh 1337 hax. They are teh pwns. Hax0rz n00bz has teh stop but n00bz phlail."

What was funny is that my history teacher understood what he was saying. She thought it was hilarious and let him write another one.

Oh, man, that is hilarious. Whew, this topic is awesome!