You think you write bad essays? Think again.

Ruan Chun Xian

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Spiritus

True story:

As a final essay, a class had to write an in-class essay on how they define courage. Timer starts, and one guy just goes to sleep. Time runs, time runs, time runs. Five minutes left. The guy wakes up, picks up his pencil for the first time. Waits a bit. Less than a minute left, the guy writes, in big, capital letters: "THIS IS COURAGE." Turns it in.

Full marks.

• Like 1

True story:

As a final essay, a class had to write an in-class essay on how they define courage. Timer starts, and one guy just goes to sleep. Time runs, time runs, time runs. Five minutes left. The guy wakes up, picks up his pencil for the first time. Waits a bit. Less than a minute left, the guy writes, in big, capital letters: "THIS IS COURAGE." Turns it in.
Full marks.

Urban legend much?

On my IGCSE Biology exam (ok, so not IB, and not an essay, but anyway...) there was a question: *Draw a fully annotated diagram of a fly larva*

I basically true a bad squiggle thing that looked like the lovechild of the Michelin Man, and then true a line to it and wrote "diagram of fly larva". I then circled all of that, and drew a line to it saying "annotated diagram of fly larva".

I still got an A*.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When we were little (like 14 years old), part of our maths exam was a question asking you to determine the volume of a series of three containers filled with liquid, and then decide which one the guy should drink if he was very thirsty.

I had absolutely no clue, so I got out my green and pink highlighters and spent 5 minutes decorating 2 of the 3 containers pink and green and drawing little bubbles spurting out the top. Then I wrote that the guy should drink the third container, because the other two were quite plainly filled with poison.

I actually got half marks XD Only because my maths teacher had a sense of humour that year, ahah XD Haven't dared do anything like it since then, though, not since things started to matter! I don't want my marks taken away from me for being childish!! D8

I'm loving the 'expand the brackets' one XD Cracks me up every time I see it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

"In one of Shakespear's famous plays, Hamlet rations out his situation by relieving himself in a long soliloquy. In another, Lady McBeth tries to convince McBeth to kill the King by attacking his manhood."

Oh yes... he 'relieves' himself in that 'long soliloquy'. Guess McBeth attacked his manhood to get some attention.

• 2 months later...

You've got to admire all these people. I would actually want to try these but I know that I wouldn't dare.

This is what my friend wrote for our physics paper (it's just a school exam - mocks of the mocks):

Sorry for terrible answers.

Apparently my teacher replied. He said something like

Yeah well the sad thing is, you're not alone.