When should I start taking my SATs?

Benny365

when should i start to take my SATs?

Most U.S. students take them in the end of their Junior year and the beginning of their senior year. Truthfully it doesn't matter when you take them as long as it's before the school's deadline (should be able to find this on their websites).

What are the scores good enough for ivy league schools?

That's a hard question with no solid answer. The Ivy league can reject perfect scores (2400 SAT; 36 ACT) and accept non-perfect scores. Article on this topic

And do i have to take SAT 2 or ACT exams?

ACT is basically equal to the SAT 1. In most cases schools will only require the SAT 1 or the ACT.

SAT 2 subject tests are sometimes required by schools. It's best to check the admissions requirements for an exact answer.

You should start taking the test in IB1. You have less work at that time so you can focus on SATs and if you don't do well enough, you still have time to give it again. Ivy leagues consider many things other than your SAT score, but you should still have around 2200 to be on a safe side. You'll need lots of other things to get in though. If you're giving SAT, then give SAT 2 as well, it could work well in your favour if you get good grades in both.

• 2 weeks later...

I did my first SAT mid IB1 and god, no, I would strongly recommend against it. 

Like many others say, do it as early as you can since you might need to retake 2+ times.

Also, you'd probably need to take SAT2s which also would require your attention. It is really hard to balance everything out.

• Like 1