IB Physics Failing and Stuck.... what can i do ?

Leesurvive

Hi everyone,

don't know if any of you can offer me any help or advice ?

In second year of ib 2 months and a bit until my exams and got a level 2 in my mocks.

I paid myself for a laterna course and did loads of revision and still did really bad.

I have an awful teacher as well so have had to teach a lot of the course myself.

can you offer any ideas.... slow giving up 

thanks 

;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, do u take physics hl or sl because if it is hl, it is going to be tuff, but its never to late to make a change and if it is sl, i'm pretty sure it is going to be manageable because of the amount of content that has to be studied.

Nonetheless, try as much as possible to make your Physics IA as good as u possibly can. In addition,your paper 3 is based on one option therefore study it well.

Knowing what each paper weighs will help you:

Paper 1:20% Paper 2:36% Paper 3:24% IA:20%

Note: those grades above are for physics HL students, im not entirely sure about physics sl but i think it is:

Paper 1:20% Paper 2:40% Paper 3:20% IA:20%

there isn't much difference between sl and hl. Looking at how much each paper weighs, try and do your best in paper 3 because its one option and IA because it's in your control, paper 2 is theory based and is usually hard, so a low mark there is fine and paper 1 is also considered hard. Overall, just try your best in the areas in which you think there isn't a lot to do but that doesn't mean you ignore the theory, study it and keep working hard and practice past papers...Just remember, HARD WORK DOESN'T GO IN VAIN......

Edited by Yashaswi

My school has a bad (useless) Physics teacher as well, yet I know some people managed to get 6s (in HL!) when they started studying a month before the exams, so it's possible for sure. I think they all did loads of Question Bank exercises and past papers. The questions are usually pretty repetitive, so this is good for getting you prepared.

• 2 months later...

If you are behind on topics or need to learn whole topics altogether, there are some really good youtube channels. They are mostly for the old syllabus but as long as you know what's on the new syllabus you should be fine. 

Recommended youtube channels: 

Mitch Campbell

Chris Donner 

Physics Made Easy 

Good Luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2016 at 5:19 AM, ibstudent321 said:

If you are behind on topics or need to learn whole topics altogether, there are some really good youtube channels. They are mostly for the old syllabus but as long as you know what's on the new syllabus you should be fine. 

Recommended youtube channels: 

Mitch Campbell

Chris Donner 

Physics Made Easy 

Good Luck! 

Our teacher used Doc Schuster for like 30% of our syllabus. He talks quite quickly but really breaks down the trickier topics in a comprehensible way.

9 minutes ago, tashakappler said:

Our teacher used Doc Schuster for like 30% of our syllabus. He talks quite quickly but really breaks down the trickier topics in a comprehensible way.

Please do not bring up old topics.

Thank you.