History extended essay

sraja90

Like everyone's said, its too broad. what are you gong to write? You don't even have a time frame. Which PART of latin america history?

Besides, even if you're writing the effects of anything on politics, economics, and education, that would be too much. Politics and economics is probably plenty already but what does education have to do with the other two?

Ok, so by now it's clear that it's too vague, but perhaps you should remember two important things:
1 - You need to define a time period, so only in that you can narrow it down a bit (although perhaps not enough..).. Focusing on the period 1900-2000 perhaps is better if you're doing Histroy SL, since that's the period that is generally focused.
2 - It is recommended that you do your EE on a syllabus subject... so if you're doing Latin America perhaps Castro or something in that way..

Good luck!!

History of History!?
that is way too vague as everyone has said...

You need to choose a topic with a purpose and one which you can answer and come to some conclusion.
Ou school literally just told us ALL to have "TO WHAT EXTENT...." questions. or at the very least, "WHY..." or "WHICH..."
Remember, history is not simply about narrating whatever happened to the latin americans regarding the south florida politics, economics, and education. always keep this in mind, you are trying to ANALYSE in an EE, not narrate.

'Latin americans' alone is already too vague, and also 'politics, economics AND education' altogether? too board...doing your EE on one of these aspects will be enough (most likely you will still find it difficult to keep to the word limit with one area!)
But most importantly, you NEED a TIME FRAME!

For my EE, I started off with just the topic of "The cultural revolution", and went to "Impacts of cultural revolution on China" - but then i realised it is literally impossible to investigate into impacts to the ENTIRE china on all aspects of society. So in the end, my title became
"To what extent did the Chinese Cultural Revolution impact upon the Youth of China?"
And even with this narrow focus on Youth alone, on my first draft (re-editting now) I went way over the word limit because there was simply too much to talk about...

I think a good way would be to ask yourself, 1. Which time period do I want to write about? 2. Which area - political, economical or education am I MOST interested in writing a 4000 word essay about? 3. What am I most interested to investigate about that area? Is it its impacts? Its caues? etc...

:D