How to improve my Essay skills?

Hei, people. I'm in need of a lot of advice about HL English essays. 

My mark in English is okay (low 5), but its been like that for the past 2 years of IB for me. I've gone to extra help with my teacher and asked her many times how can I improve on my skills. She explains it well, and I understand, but then when I go and write my essay, I just get a low 5 again. 

I've read sample essays to get an idea, those weren't much help. I've read the Course Companion book a few times and it just wasn't helpful. I even tried expanding my vocabulary to see if that would help any, but I don't think that got me anywhere.

For my English midterm, I had to write an essay on a poem. I used the Point, Evidence, Explanation method and I believe I had a well focussed thesis and main idea, but if I get a solid low 5 on this, I might explode. What could I possibly be going wrong.

She does mention that I don't present my ideas clearly, but I try to present them clear enough, how clearer can they get?

Are there any other suggestions that I should look in to? 

It seems like you've done everything there is to be done. You can try organise your essay, but that's only a small part of the whole and won't increase a lot of marks. You can send me one of your essays and I can look into it if you want. I've graded a lot of essays at school, so I've kind of gotten good at it :P

PM me if you want me to have a look at it! :)