EE citations

ShootingStar16

Hey guys so my final copy for the EE is due in a few days and I'm putting the finishing touches on it. In terms of citations, I have parts in my essay where I paraphrased the sources, but within those sentences, I also have words that I took directly from the source so I put them in quotation marks. Do I still have to add another citation for the quoted portions if everything I said in that one sentence was from the same source and from the same page? 

Thanks! 

Hey guys so my final copy for the EE is due in a few days and I'm putting the finishing touches on it. In terms of citations, I have parts in my essay where I paraphrased the sources, but within those sentences, I also have words that I took directly from the source so I put them in quotation marks. Do I still have to add another citation for the quoted portions if everything I said in that one sentence was from the same source and from the same page? 

Thanks! 

In short no, as long as your citations occur at the end of the sentence (Chicago Style dictates this anyways so it shouldn't be a problem.) 

If they are from different pages, indicate all page numbers in one citation. EX: Joyce Appleby, The Relentless Revolution: A History of Capitalism (W. W. Norton: New York, 2010), 15,75.

The only time you need two separate citations is when information comes from different sources. 

• Like 1