Art Theme

needtosurvive

Hey!

So this year i am going into my second year of IB. I still don't have a theme that i want to stick to for art. Last year, i drifted around nature and culture but i don't know if i want to stick to it anymore. Is it possible to do a 'Styles of Art' theme?? It would explore the different formats of art, like conceptual art, surrealistic art, photographs etc...

• 7 months later...

I think if you want to change styles, you use it as a part of your process portfolio: you could do several formats/types of art on one subject and then pick a favorite to explore to do your comparative study on.

If you are in HL, you might want to do this soon because you have to pick an artist to influence your work.

Generally the theme as I understand it is just a guiding helper for your body of work. I read an IB Guide that said it can literally be anything, even "Things that Make Me Happy"... lol

I would suggest trying to find out what you're attracted to and trying to find those elements in your existing work. Or just find something that links all your work together and use it as your theme.