IA change

NiCKEL

I was writing an IA on an application of calculus to economics (law of diminishing returns type thing) and it turned out that it was too simple; not much can be shown with just that law and simply differentiating the data I had...so now in order to save my grade I probably have to add a different aspect to it and make it a general application of calculus IA than a diminishing returns IA... are there any mathematical methods that are applicable if I have this type of data to work with/on:

-various expense costs

-revenues

-units sold

(I don't have labour quantity, which kinda sucks)

Basically, are there any laws or formulas or whatnot that I can look into for a day or two and quickly add??  :wub:

Any methods of modelling a function (using excel right now...if I can hand-create the function with only x & y data points maybe that'll give me more marks?) 

Or maybe calculations that don't really need a visual, that I can just calculate with numbers? Pretty desperate

Edited by NiCKEL

Any methods of modelling a function (using excel right now...if I can hand-create the function with only x & y data points maybe that'll give me more marks?) 

Or maybe calculations that don't really need a visual, that I can just calculate with numbers? Pretty desperate

If you download a trial version of LoggerPro or the free LoggerLite you can define your own function to fit functions to. There may be other similar software. 

Also the trick to the IA is not necessarily show sophistication in one concept, but proficiency across multiple concepts (eg calculus and geometry, for example) and make reasonable connections. So whatever you add it doesn't have to be calculus. There are certainly more things you can do with data other than just graphing them.