renee

Hello,

Im doing my EE on the contradictions that Starbucks has within what they say and what they actually accomplish.  This has themes on helping the coffee growers. It is about the C.A.F.E org that they have.

In what study area should I fit it in?

World Studies, Bussiness and managment? 

Thanks a lot

ps: I know that I should have started by choosing the study area but it's too late now.

It really depends on which area you're emphasizing on - if you focus on the business side of things (i.e. what starbucks is doing and its effects on the economy of coffee growing areas) or the world studies side (i.e. the social, economic, cultural, political implications of what Starbucks's actions, within a geographic context).

Hope this helped :)

• Like 1

just make sure that if you chose to do in the business bit, try not to include too much detail on stuff like economies and taxes and other economics-related things because if by change you end up having more than 30-40% of economics in ur business EE then you will lose marks because you will be losing focus from you IB Subject focus and will be hanging between IB Business Management and IB Economics and I have seen people losing marks in the EE just because they were talking about overseas expansion and stuff in their business EE and ended up getting too excited that they tried to show off with some economics knowledge in their business EE and ended up losing marks because then their essay had started to go off track. so just to reflect on what GirliKnow said about:

what starbucks is doing and its effects on the economy of coffee growing areas

I know he/she just gave you a rough idea but just to warn you that Talking about effects on economy might be the strongest thing that would compel you to include economics in ur essay, in the case of which you might wanna reframe your question a bit and it would be a perfect economics EE.

I hope this was a bit helpful :D i mean its not suppose to really help you.... i was just trying to inform you about what could potentially be a "be careful of" sign basically just an advice.... :)

BTW my proposal form is due on the 15th of this month and I'm in for a Business EE

Good luck for ur EE!!!

Edited by avnish

just make sure that if you chose to do in the business bit, try not to include too much detail on stuff like economies and taxes and other economics-related things because if by change you end up having more than 30-40% of economics in ur business EE then you will lose marks because you will be losing focus from you IB Subject focus and will be hanging between IB Business Management and IB Economics and I have seen people losing marks in the EE just because they were talking about overseas expansion and stuff in their business EE and ended up getting too excited that they tried to show off with some economics knowledge in their business EE and ended up losing marks because then their essay had started to go off track. so just to reflect on what GirliKnow said about:

what starbucks is doing and its effects on the economy of coffee growing areas

I know he/she just gave you a rough idea but just to warn you that Talking about effects on economy might be the strongest thing that would compel you to include economics in ur essay, in the case of which you might wanna reframe your question a bit and it would be a perfect economics EE.

I hope this was a bit helpful :D i mean its not suppose to really help you.... i was just trying to inform you about what could potentially be a "be careful of" sign basically just an advice.... :)

BTW my proposal form is due on the 15th of this month and I'm in for a Business EE

Good luck for ur EE!!!

Hey, thank you so much for clarifying :) really didn't want to give false info b/c I'm not taking Econ or business