Is my math IA too similar?

MariamXO

well the ia is assessed internally, so it is best to ask your teacher whats up

edit: also i read your ia, and it seems more like a studies ia than a sl math ia- you will lose atleast 3 points for complexity

Edited by kevG

the topic you chose as a whole is a studies one, there is literally nothing you can do with the concepts you use now, unless you include a new concept from the sl math syllabus

and yeah from my point of view you can be caught for plagiarism- you have too much similar stuff (2 of the 3 math concepts you use are the same),wordings, structure etc

but im not your teacher, so i cant be for sure so its best that you ask your teacher

its also in the studies syllabus just google "ib math studies pearsons correlation coefficient" m8

my teacher said that its not deemed complicated enough for sl cause you're just plugging and chugging numbers

Edited by kevG

you still have plenty of time- more than a year till your exams so just relax and come up with a new topic. this time actually research and read the criteria you will be marked against before you start writing it. im sure you'll find something, also i would try and stay away from the online recommendations cause theyre all probably already heavily worked on

ps: also pearsons coefficient isnt in our syllabus

we don't use the formula for anything, however, we do use the calculator to locate the 'r' value- but that really isnt of much significance