Problem opening website

orangetardish

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I just wanted to let you guys know of so,etching I've been experiencing lately.

If I search for 'ibsurvival' in Google and open the first link (which I'm positive is the right one) I get a different page with what appears to be a bunch of ads. The page does not look reputable at all, so I just close it immediately usually. 30 seconds later, I'll try again, open the same link I did the first time, and the proper website will open. What is happening?

This has only happened a couple of times. Once on a PC computer, once on a Mac, and just now on my iPad 2. Is it possible that I am the only one experiencing this?

I have attached a screenshot of the page that opens on my Ipad2. Please ignore the other tabs that are open haha.

UPDATE: I did some research and found out that this problem originates from my devices and not the actual website itself. I am so sorry! I feel so stupid *grins sheepishly*

Once again, I'm sorry, and I hope I didn't waste anybody's time. Take care all!

• 3 weeks later...

This should be fixed now. I'm not sure how this happened but I've spoken to the web hosting team and we shouldn't have any problems now!

Hey Graeme, I think the URL4Short has just come back. I think you got it fixed earlier, as it worked for a while after you posted. But for some reasons, I just got redirected again to that annoying website. Hope you have time to fix it for us :) Thanks!

Meanwhile, for those who want to get rid of it from the computers, I'd suggest you not to delete the -forum-lang_id cookie (which comes from IBS itself) from your browser. As long as you keep it, you will not be redirected to anywhere else other than IBSurvival.com.

If you're using Firefox, you can download the "Cookie Manager+" add-on to extend the expiry date of that cookie (you can extend it to a year later or something). Then you should use the "Biscuit" add-on to protect that cookie from ever being deleted. This method works great for me so far (and I have tested it on both Windows and Linux).

This should be fixed now. I'm not sure how this happened but I've spoken to the web hosting team and we shouldn't have any problems now!

Hey Graeme, I think the URL4Short has just come back. I think you got it fixed earlier, as it worked for a while after you posted. But for some reasons, I just got redirected again to that annoying website. Hope you have time to fix it for us :) Thanks!

Meanwhile, for those who want to get rid of it from the computers, I'd suggest you not to delete the -forum-lang_id cookie (which comes from IBS itself) from your browser. As long as you keep it, you will not be redirected to anywhere else other than IBSurvival.com.

If you're using Firefox, you can download the "Cookie Manager+" add-on to extend the expiry date of that cookie (you can extend it to a year later or something). Then you should use the "Biscuit" add-on to protect that cookie from ever being deleted. This method works great for me so far (and I have tested it on both Windows and Linux).

I've never deleted that cookie but I am still redirected to the URL4SHORT link.

I've never deleted that cookie but I am still redirected to the URL4SHORT link.

Even though you never deleted that cookie, the browser would automatically delete it for you. The reason is because that cookie is set to expire after 10 hours. That's why I've used the "cookie manager" tool to extend the expiry date, such that it will expire only by some time next year.

Anyway, I think Graeme has fixed the problem. I just re-tested it, and it looks fine now :)

18 hours ago, Graeme said:

Test

Hey @Graeme New forum seems to be running very smoothly (way better than it ran buck in my day s/h to 2012ers). BBcode no longer works though (Like my signature looks weird for example now).

Anyway good to see you keeping this forum updating, alive and well.

19 minutes ago, Dosco said:

Hey @Graeme New forum seems to be running very smoothly (way better than it ran buck in my day s/h to 2012ers). BBcode no longer works though (Like my signature looks weird for example now).

Anyway good to see you keeping this forum updating, alive and well.

Ah! I see. Custom BB Code. Let me look into it :)