Subject Choices

Kany

So..since many people create this "Subject selection" topic, I shall do one myself.

I live in Sweden and I'm also choosing the subjects until the 10th of February. 

I want to study medicine abroad (Mainly the UK) and in Sweden too. But I'm confused. 

The subject choices I was considering are:

HL:

History

Biology

English A (Language & Lit)

SL:

Chemistry

Mathmatics

Swedish A (To get accepted in Swedish uni's too)

However, in the Swedish universities you also need to study physics. Which unfortunately I can't since a 7th subject is not recommended by my teachers.

So....I wonder, are my choices good enough to study medicine abroad (mainly UK) and in Sweden? If not. What do I need to change?

Have a nice day, IB - students.

Biology is also important though? And yes of course! In group 6 I chose chemistry as my 6th subject. I was thinking about finishing a physics course after taking the diploma during summer 2018. Do you think that works?

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. Chemistry needs to be a HL subject. Biology is important and that's why I think you'd be better off doing a special diploma. I'm not sure if they'll accept a certificate though. 

You can also try to do an irregular diploma -- meaning you'll take 6 subjects with 3 sciences (I know they offer, even encourage it in Finland, but not sure about Sweden). And do switch Chemistry SL for either History or English HL (both are demanding subjects, but Medicine admissions won't be impressed by these).

You can also try to do an irregular diploma -- meaning you'll take 6 subjects with 3 sciences (I know they offer, even encourage it in Finland, but not sure about Sweden). And do switch Chemistry SL for either History or English HL (both are demanding subjects, but Medicine admissions won't be impressed by these).

I think I'll talk to my principal about this....Since I really want to study medicine. I might choose HL Chemistry, English and Biology...But in Sweden they won't accept you in uni's if you haven't studied physics. -sighs-

I took almost the same courses you have (SL French instead of Swedish) and as they do require physics where I have applied as well, I took physics in summer school (just for the pre-req) so if you have the option of doing something like that (physics outside of IB), you could maybe look into that as well?

Good luck! And I can say right now, if you chose your courses based on what you like you will really enjoy them! (From experience :) )