Favorite IB subject?

rawan1408

What were your favorite and least favorite IB subjects and why?

Just wondering, maybe it would help me choose my IB courses. :)

Despite the common curriculum, classes strongly depend on their size and teacher.

My most enjoyble class was probably ToK, which is not really a subject. My teacher barely used the Oxford course companion but had a lot of outside readings on the WoKs, AoKs and some philosophers. 

Favourite: English Lit, History and Spanish

Least favourite: Chem.. 

Why was chemistry your least favourite? 

Despite the common curriculum, classes strongly depend on their size and teacher.

My most enjoyble class was probably ToK, which is not really a subject. My teacher barely used the Oxford course companion but had a lot of outside readings on the WoKs, AoKs and some philosophers. 

What is AoK and WoK? How did the ToK class schedule work for you, I mean did it have it's own block in the day or was it taken with english?

Favourite: English Lit, History and Spanish

Least favourite: Chem.. 

Why was chemistry your least favourite? 

What is AoK and WoK? How did the ToK class schedule work for you, I mean did it have it's own block in the day or was it taken with english?

Mostly because the IA and I thought it was the hardest out of all my subjects :( 

Favorite: English B HL.

Why? It is mostly about things that are happening in real life, maybe everyday life, and brings language into it in a cool way.

Also it allows you to explore the world in a manner that is not so cliché or disturbing.

Least favorite: Arabic A SL

Why? I'm fairly good in Arabic because it is my first language AND also because I'm just naturally skilled in the language. However; it is the teacher that hasn't got a good grip of how to teach the subject exactly. She said that she had never taught native Arabic speakers before. Additionaly, she uses English in our Arabic discussions. It hurts my brain a lot and I feel annoyed.

• 4 weeks later...

Favorite: History and French

Super chill class. I heard IB Bio was also very interesting but I didn't take it.

Least favorite: English, Math, and Physics.

English because it was too hard, the teacher was terrifying, and I'm afraid to ask/answer questions because I feel as if they are always wrong. 

Math is a personal thing, the teacher is great, but I'm having trouble concentrating because it is my last class of the day and I always fall asleep which makes my notes unreadable.

Physics is because we never learned anything before when it came to this subject, so I have to start from scratch. However, there's this really smart guy in our class who poses questions about uni level physics and the teacher usually keeps the class at his pace and confuses me.

• 7 months later...

Favourite: Business and Management HL it's easy to understand and most of it is based on common sense

Least Favourite: Psychology HL

I love Psychology but in between the IA, EE (if you're taking Psychology that is) and remembering the studies along with the year of each study, it's a handful.

• 3 years later...