Sports, Exercise & Health Science

Ruan Chun Xian

So apparently this is a new subject, I think?

salivattack just sent me a syllabus for this subject - Sports, Exercise and Health Science - and it's apparently for first exams in May 09. That means I guess the first batch that will study it will be the ones just starting IB this year. I had a quick look at the syllabus...it looks pretty interesting.

It's like a mixture of anatomy physiology with a bit of psychology thrown in. It's good for someone who wants to go into professional sports I guess. I know a friend of mine who's a professional squash player would love the chance to take this subject.

Oh all the IB students who keep get other subjects to study...I mean okay, I wouldn't take that subject since I want to study medicine anyway and need the science subjects but it sounds veeeeeery interesting I must say.

Reminds me of my school. The year below actually got to study philosophy as well as ab inito japanese and russian. *would have loved too do philosophy and japanese...as a 7th subject that is :punish: *

russian ab initio argh i am so jealous, i really want to learn russian, but then again spanish is pretty awesome. I personally wouldn't want to do japanese ab initio having studied it and been to japan on exchange.

I'm doing Arabic ab Initio

Quite easy actually

The only difficulty there is is the pronounciations

otherwise quite simple.. atleast yet!

• 9 months later...

Sports, Exercise & Health Science looks really interesting! I would love to take it as an extra certificate, but I doubt a) that my school would offer it this year and b) even if they do, not too many other students would be interested in it.

On another note, with the languages, my school only offers Spanish Ab Initio, in a school where 90-95% of the students are fluent speakers in the language... XD I wish they'd offer French Ab Initio, or German Ab Initio... anything other than Spanish... :)

• 2 years later...

I am doing sports & exercise science! So far I am really really enjoying it, it's sort of like physical education, covers a lot of physiology things like musculoskeletal system, cardiorespiratory system, energy systems, nutrition, components of fitness, etc...

I recommend it to anyone who is considering it and has it offered at their school, the only downside for me is it is only offered at SL and i would definitely take HL if i could..

There doesn't seem to be anything else on this site about this subject which is a bit of a bummer..