US Presidential Race Maths SL IA

chimera

Would a statistical study on the 2016 presidential race be a somewhat decent math sl ia? I would analyze the correlation between the number of times a candidate has visited a state and the number of votes/precincts they got. I would also correlate the proximity of the state a candidate governs or represents to their success in other states. Needless to say, i would have a number of scatterplots and would perform a linear regression on my data to seek a line of best fit. Would this be a successful IA, or should it be more complex? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for improvement, or even criticisms. Thanks!

Would a statistical study on the 2016 presidential race be a somewhat decent math sl ia? I would analyze the correlation between the number of times a candidate has visited a state and the number of votes/precincts they got. I would also correlate the proximity of the state a candidate governs or represents to their success in other states. Needless to say, i would have a number of scatterplots and would perform a linear regression on my data to seek a line of best fit. Would this be a successful IA, or should it be more complex? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for improvement, or even criticisms. Thanks!

It sounds ok. The biggest problem is that there is a great risk that you are looking for correlations that do not exist. You have to know how to explain that if that were to occur.