Is my Maths SL IA topic good?

Lynxarin

Hi,

I have planned to write my Maths IA about the Richter scale but I am unsure if the amount of maths will be enough? If I explore the Richer scale and include an example of how it can be used, and another about how much energy the magnitude of the earthquake corresponds, will that then be sufficient amount of maths? Is there some amount of maths that is generally recommended? 

Lynxarin

It sounds like a good topic for a math SL exploration. The presence of mathematics has to be visible throughout the entire exploration, as you might expect, but you don't need to have mathematics in every-single-page. Mostly what I noticed from the examples, most of the "talking" is done on the first and second page. Make sure you show your personal engagement throughout the entire exploration, as this is an area students tend to ignore or forget about. Have the criteria next to you while working on your exploration, it helps you find out exactly what they're looking for.

Good luck!!