Sign in to follow this  

History of the Americas

This is my first year of HL history of the Americas. So far we have not taken any notes in class and i'm really nervous so I was wondering if there was a website online with notes? I know biology has a website, but how about history?

i didn't necesarily take notes everyday, but i took them most days. why are you not taking any?

if you are expecting the teacher to write them out and have you opy them, don't. you just need to take notes on what they lecture about or off of the readings f you need to.

totally agree with IBStuck.
Like my teacher put it, "Not everything I write is important, and not everything important I write."
You have to take your own notes! This will help in the long run. No doubt.

[quote name='heronumbazero' post='26456' date='Oct 9 2008, 07:07 AM']totally agree with IBStuck.
Like my teacher put it, "Not everything I write is important, and not everything important I write."
You have to take your own notes! This will help in the long run. No doubt.[/quote]

I think we need to switch teachers. My teacher lectures us all day on how we are like little college freshman, and how in college no one will write anything down for you and you have to take charge of your own education. She preaches about how in University you will not be told what to write or what to bring, just what to buy to be prepared. And then she turns around and has her wierd mood swings telling us that we're complaining because she's dictating to us EXACTLY what to note down. I hate this class.

guys keep it on topic, if you have some history notes links for the OP then post them, don't make this a discussion about who's teaching methods are better =)

thanks

i do agree with the others that it's VERY important for you to take your own notes but if you need some help check out wikinotes.wikidot.com/ their notes will get you by, but paying attention and writing YOUR notes will help you learn better :S