Revision for biology

melistveit

Hi! So exams are coming up, and I still have not found a good way to revise for biology. I am predicted a 5, but my results vary from mock to mock. For my first mock I got a 7, and for christmas mock I got a 5. 

I have been doing previous exam questions, and this is probably why my grade varies, as it depends on whether or not I have done the section B question beforehand. 

So what I am really wondering - what are your effective techniques for revision except prev. exam questions? 

• Like 1

I would advice you to summarize every topic  in 1-3 sheets max... write for every step in the procedures for example 2-3 key words, so that when you are revising a few days before the exam, you can go very fast through all topics in just a few hours... It will take time to write those summaries, but actually while you are writing them you are revising at the same time + one day before the exam you will save a lot of time. In addition you will get more confident when you go through the sheets and you notice that you know everything:D

I have my exams in May 2016, and my teacher passed copies to all my HL classmastes and me of  the Oxford Ib Study Guide, 2014 edition, and i lovee studying with that. I had my mock for Biology today so I can't really tell you how it went, but I love bringing around the book, besides its thin, and everychance i get to read i do it, I also mark with highligther and post-its understandings, applications, skills and other important things, which also are colour coded. Besides that I also have about 300 Flashcards of HL and SL topics and definitions, they help a lot for Paper 1. Finally my Ib Coordinator provided us with Smartbacc a software I believe by the IB, which basically has Study Packs and Topic Tests and tips etc, for almost every IB subject, it really helps.

Good luck in your Mock!