do the US universities look at the number of hours for service?

Clla

You know from this year IB students do not need to count the number of hours of CAS activities (meaning that we need only "commitment' for activities, not 150 hours of CAS).
But I still do think that the university wants to see how many hours we have spent for service, since they really value extra-curricular activities..
Plus, if we just pass CAS and show what we have done for CAS, how the universities know that I have actually spent much more hours[font="Arial"][/font] than other people?

So I am really confused.. no one in my school is not counting CAS hours, but I am not sure if it's okay. -_-

[quote name='Mr. Shiver' post='25837' date='Oct 1 2008, 03:11 AM']I'm pretty sure it's the new regulation starting from 2010. They did say that they wanted to put less emphasis on the paperwork....[/quote]
Wait what!?
New CAS regulations? Tell me -_-

• 2 months later...

I know for the common app it just has places to put your Extra curriculars and appx how many hours per week/ weeks per year that you spent on them.

So you just fit your cas activities in there. But it's better to be fully commited to a few things than many small service projects as it seems that IB has encouraged.

but apparently doesn't anymore according to these new rules?? TELL TELL TELL