Grades keep dropping, what should I do?

Hello fellow students,

As my signature states, I have begun my Math and Biology SL courses this semester. I started the year off with a solid 100% average- but that is quickly fading! I keep making the stupidest of mistakes, e.g., forgetting to submit papers, forgetting homework and making calculation errors; it is also strange how I keep spraining muscles and catching infections much more frequently. Because of this, I have an 88% average in my IB classes now and a 96% in my electives. 

Have you guys ever experienced this kind of situation? What can I do to restore my grades at this point? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hello fellow students,

As my signature states, I have begun my Math and Biology SL courses this semester. I started the year off with a solid 100% average- but that is quickly fading! I keep making the stupidest of mistakes, e.g., forgetting to submit papers, forgetting homework and making calculation errors; it is also strange how I keep spraining muscles and catching infections much more frequently. Because of this, I have an 88% average in my IB classes now and a 96% in my electives. 

Have you guys ever experienced this kind of situation? What can I do to restore my grades at this point? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As far as the 'stupid mistakes' as I would suggest you make to do lists and make reminders. I keep a list of all of the things I need to do on my desk. If it's super important I also leave a reminder where I keep my phone's charger and car keys. (somewhere I find myself frequently.) If I need to turn in a paper or bring a textbook to class, I also put a reminder over there. 

Error calculations: slow down and check your math. It's really to mistype on a calculator or write 2x3=5 (did that on a math test freshmen year...).