Study tips?

thequeenmaker

I feel you. I hated Bio when I had to take it. Unfortunately it's a requirement so you have to just buckle down and do it. Sometimes making flashcards helps speed up memorization, plus bio can have a lot of vocal words, which works for this. As far as the processes go, i.e. photosynthesis and the like, one thing you could do is to list each step on separate notecards, shuffle them, then put the various steps in order. Once you can do that, try writing it from memory.

Those are just some study/memorization methods. To make it more tolerable, one thing I do a lot is set up a reward system. Set a goal for the day, like memorizing 10 words, or studying for 15 minutes. When you reach your goal, reward yourself with something you like. Maybe it's eating a food you like, or playing a game for 10 minutes, just something to keep yourself going. Sometimes (not too often!) I do this with a small, fun-sized chocolate bar. I like to keep in in my line of vision so I know what I get to enjoy when I accomplish my goal.

The best thing I can suggest is not to overwork yourself. Don't sit and study for 3 hours straight. Plan ahead and break the content up into manageable chunks so that you don't feel overwhelmed by all the content!

I hope something here helps. Good luck in bio, you can make it through this!

• Like 1