TOK Presentation Over Video Games KQ Issue

xperfectionist

I am working with two other people for my TOK Presentation, and our topic will be discussing the impact of video games on humans. Our main knowledge question we've come up with is: "How do video games influence human behavior and human interactions?" However, we felt  like this wasn't a knowledge question, but rather just a "normal" question that is too narrow in scope. Any suggestions of how to broaden this question to make it an adequate knowledge question for the ToK presentation, which is next Monday for my group? The main AOKs we will be dealing with are human sciences and arts (one of our sub knowledge questions is "to what extent are video games classified as an art form?"). Any help would be appreciated, as we also have another problem, finding enough aspects/controversial points to discuss to cover the 30 minute time frame of a 3-person presentation.

The thing with knowledge questions is that it's about that; knowledge. You can't use 'normal' terms or nouns is my personal heuristic for creating TOK questions. So, you can't use the term 'video games'. Think a little about what video games are essentially and how they affect humans. If you're going to refer to them as an art form, maybe you should build on that in reference to your knowledge question. I also advise not working in a group of three for a TOK presentation, it isn't favoured and there doesn't seem enough content in your question to talk about it for half an hour. If you have to dump a friend for a good mark, so be it. I can't give you an actual knowledge question so I hope I helped instead of restating stuff you already knew.

As for what to talk about, look at the AOKs/WOKs that apply to your question and use them as a level of analysis as a starting point for the structure of your presentation.

Good luck!