I am screwed? worried about my future.. if there is one.

Stereoisomer

Well, I am an average person. At 15 years old, I do not possess any extraordinary talents. I go to school everyday and I get very very good results in tests/assessments/exams. People see me as a science freak. And true, I love all sciences (not geology i can't stand rocks) I play the violin quite well full stop.

That's it.

I don't have a long list of extracurricular activities like many of you, I am not the president for any clubs.
And guess what? I want to be a doctor.
Right now,
I don't think I will ever ever be accepted into a good university even if I do well academically.
What should I do? Any suggestions?

Edited by MistyRose

Why not? Do you think doctors are these well rounded people that can kick a ball well as well as write a good essay?

There are all kinds of people in life that can actually do well, and if you do good academically, why can't you succeed? If you get good scores in your tests, then any uni would want you. The unis in Australia won't bother about you being well rounded, all they want is grades.

You play the violin, presumably well. Not many people can do that, so you've got that extraordinary ability. Some people can't string a sentence together, you can clearly do that. And besides what I've said, you can't think that you have an extraordinary capability, remind yourself that you're just 15, not everyone is a childhood genius. Who says tha being extra ordinary has to start now and you need to have some king of tangible skill? You might already have a skill and you won't be aware of it.

You might grow up to be a really sought after physician or surgeon. People might flock to you for your capabilities. Don't give up hope yet, we're all special.

Don't be negative before you try. I always believed that if you are hard working and enjoy what you are doing then it doesn't really matter whether or not you hace talent. You just started IB, and is already doing well, I don't see what you have to worry about. I can tell you that many people struggle to at the beginning to get to the level they are meant to be. (I'm actually no exception, haha)

It's important that you know you are special. Truth is the majority of people are average. It's the impression they make that makes the difference. People can only tell whether or not you are worthy if you show them what you can do. If you don't try how do you know that you can't do it?

Edited by eskimotaro

you'll be fine! med schools won't care that you don't play a sport or what not, if you have a very high GPA and show a true passion for the subject you'll eb fine. There was this one dude at my school who didn't do any extracurricular activities, but he got a couple of internships in offices and did the CAS work the school mad ehim and he used that for his extracurricular activities, he's in Purdue doin premed now!
anyhoo you should do SOMETHING I mean don't show them you're lifeless! but they won't accept you to be a party animal or what ever it is you think you should be. join the chess club or something -_-

All med schools in New Zealand and Australia do not look at ECs.

They require an interview most probably. I know for Auckland you don't...

For the UK unis, although an internship will help, it will hardly be the determining factor. If you just show some kind of leadership skill, you will be fine.

Edited by Forester