Getting a 6/7 in SL Math if you're not so good at math..

chloeolut

I've never really been a math person all of my life, and unfortunately my school doesn't offer math studies. I'm struggling with the course, because last year, I did not get prepared well for this SL course at all. Do you guys know any resources or practice books I can use to improve significantly?

Dont't mention Khan Academy because I already watch his videos in order to get the hang of the basics!...

• 4 weeks later...

Buy the Schaum's Outlines for the topics you struggle in the most - I used them for a while in my pre-IB courses and they helped a lot! Go on Amazon or another similar site and find books that help study for maths SL, but not ones where you work all the problems yourself with an answer key - get the ones that have worked out problems so that you can follow along. Honestly a tutor may or may not help, I had 3 or 4 and none of them brought my grade up. What helped me through maths when I was struggling was the worked problems as well as just going in the SL book and working out the problems in there over and over again. I was orginially in HL so sometimes I  will go and find the current topic for my SL class in the HL book and see how the explanation differs. 

tl;dr: find some books with worked out problems and just practice