IB Examination Procedures

Yugalarex
Go to solution Solved by Gaby,

Hello everyone.

I've been looking around the internet but can't seem to find a complete set of exam procedures which schools must follow during our examination period. I can only seem to find general procedures which cover everything from the responsibility of the school to malpractice in both examinations and assessments. What I really want to know is whether I can leave an examination early. I was in a mock examination today and I asked to leave early as I had finished writing my paper but I wasn't allowed to and was told this is the same as the real examinations. If anyone has a complete set of procedures, could you please send me a link or just quote the passage about leaving exams early, if possible.

Yugalarex

I've been looking around the internet but can't seem to find a complete set of exam procedures which schools must follow during our examination period. I can only seem to find general procedures which cover everything from the responsibility of the school to malpractice in both examinations and assessments. What I really want to know is whether I can leave an examination early. I was in a mock examination today and I asked to leave early as I had finished writing my paper but I wasn't allowed to and was told this is the same as the real examinations. If anyone has a complete set of procedures, could you please send me a link or just quote the passage about leaving exams early, if possible.

You can find the complete set of examination rules here: http://bvsd.fhsib.org/Exam/IB_AP_Proctor_Instructions.pdf

Here are some quotes from the document:

15.5 Candidates must not be allowed to leave the examination room during the first hour or during the last 15 minutes of an examination (subject to 15.6 below). Consequently, candidates must not be allowed to leave the examination room if the duration of the examination is one hour or less. This ruling is intended to prevent any disruption during the close of an examination, so that candidates are not moving around the room while scripts, examination papers and other material are being collected and accounted for.

15.6 On the occasions when two or more examinations are scheduled for the same time of day, but end at different times, the coordinator may determine whether candidates are permitted to leave the examination room before the last 15 minutes of an examination. If candidates are permitted to leave, they must do so without disturbing those candidates who are continuing their examination.

15.7 If a candidate leaves the examination before the scheduled finishing time, the candidate must not be allowed to return.

Edited by Vioh
  • Like 2

You can find the complete set of examination rules here: http://bvsd.fhsib.org/Exam/IB_AP_Proctor_Instructions.pdf

15.5 Candidates must not be allowed to leave the examination room during the first hour or during the last 15 minutes of an examination (subject to 15.6 below). Consequently, candidates must not be allowed to leave the examination room if the duration of the examination is one hour or less. This ruling is intended to prevent any disruption during the close of an examination, so that candidates are not moving around the room while scripts, examination papers and other material are being collected and accounted for.

15.6 On the occasions when two or more examinations are scheduled for the same time of day, but end at different times, the coordinator may determine whether candidates are permitted to leave the examination room before the last 15 minutes of an examination. If candidates are permitted to leave, they must do so without disturbing those candidates who are continuing their examination.

15.7 If a candidate leaves the examination before the scheduled finishing time, the candidate must not be allowed to return.

Thanks Vioh! I don't quite understand though, does this mean I can leave if finished for no reason other than being finished (rather than having another exam)?

• Solution

Thanks Vioh! I don't quite understand though, does this mean I can leave if finished for no reason other than being finished (rather than having another exam)?

I think you're allowed to go to the bathroom, accompanies by an invigilator. 

You can leave the examination early, but not during the 1st hour or the last 15 minutes. So if the exam lasts 3h, you can't leave for the 1st hour or after 2h45 minutes have passed

• Like 2