Grade 10 Pre-IB Course Selection

saarad_

Hi Guys,

I'm in Grade 9 right now, and last week, we were told to choose our courses for grade 10.

Being in Pre-IB, I have to take the mandatory Pre-IB courses my school requires me to do.

However, we're allowed to have one elective. 

To graduate high school in Ontario, I need to have 1 phys-ed credit, and the only years at my school I can take those credits is either in 9th grade or 10th grade because I'm going to do IB. I didn't take phys-ed in 9th grade ( I replaced it with Computer Studies ). 

But when I went to my guidance councillor yesterday, she told me that if I'm gonna take HL Biology in 12th grade, I don't need to take the phys-ed and instead, I can do a more worthwhile course. She said that somehow, the computer will give me the credit for the phys-ed and I will be able to  Obviously, I said sure but I was just wondering if not doing the phys-ed is a good idea and if it'll risk education. Also, if anyone skipped the phys-ed and did something else, please tell me.  

Thanks  :D

That's ridiculous. You need the of the PE classes to get the provincial diploma. The computer doesn't erroneously give you a course you didn't take. How are you going to get PE credit from biology?? You should make sure your councilor knows that you haven't taken PE yet maybe there was a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Hi guys I am stressing out, I have chosen to write my Ib world lit paper on Ghosts by Ibsen but can't find a topic to write it on. I was just wondering if light imagery in Ghost is a good topic to write my World lit paper on. Any other topics will be appreciated. Plz reply soon as it is due before March 15

Hi guys I am stressing out, I have chosen to write my Ib world lit paper on Ghosts by Ibsen but can't find a topic to write it on. I was just wondering if light imagery in Ghost is a good topic to write my World lit paper on. Any other topics will be appreciated. Plz reply soon as it is due before March 15

Please don't post off topic questions as comments. It only leads to confusion.

If you have a question please post it in the correct category, in the case Language A.

~IB_taking_over

• Like 1

Guest beyondtheimagine

Hi Guys,

I'm in Grade 9 right now, and last week, we were told to choose our courses for grade 10.

Being in Pre-IB, I have to take the mandatory Pre-IB courses my school requires me to do.

To graduate high school in Ontario, I need to have 1 phys-ed credit, and the only years at my school I can take those credits is either in 9th grade or 10th grade because I'm going to do IB. I didn't take phys-ed in 9th grade ( I replaced it with Computer Studies ). 

But when I went to my guidance councillor yesterday, she told me that if I'm gonna take HL Biology in 12th grade, I don't need to take the phys-ed and instead, I can do a more worthwhile course. She said that somehow, the computer will give me the credit for the phys-ed and I will be able to  Obviously, I said sure but I was just wondering if not doing the phys-ed is a good idea and if it'll risk education. Also, if anyone skipped the phys-ed and did something else, please tell me.  

That's ridiculous. You need the of the PE classes to get the provincial diploma. The computer doesn't erroneously give you a course you didn't take. How are you going to get PE credit from biology?? You should make sure your councilor knows that you haven't taken PE yet maybe there was a misunderstanding.

I totally agree with kw0573!

But can't you take physical education during the summer? That's what I did when I was in pre-IB, I took an online course for physical education and I finished it within 3 days. 

Hi Guys,

I totally agree with kw0573!

But can't you take physical education during the summer? That's what I did when I was in pre-IB, I took an online course for physical education and I finished it within 3 days. 

@kw0537 I did tell her this 3 times and she still said that it'll work out. She also said this worked out with other students to. Do you think I should stay safe and do the phys-ed? I was planning on doing 11th grade physics instead.

@beyondtheimagine I wasn't aware I could do that. I live in Ontario so maybe the regulations are different. However, I will ask my guidance councillor. Thanks!