Mathematics HL GDC tips?

Guys,

Are there any websites or books that feature everything that we need to know for GDC (for maths HL)? Or just how to use the calculator in general.... 

My GDC is Ti-84.

I really need help on this.

Thanks in advanced.

Guys,

Are there any websites or books that feature everything that we need to know for GDC (for maths HL)? Or just how to use the calculator in general.... 

My GDC is Ti-84.

Thanks in advanced.

Here's the complete guide from IB: https://mrgilmartin.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/math-hlsl-calculator-instructions.pdf

Guys,

My GDC is Ti-84.

Thanks in advanced.

Here's the complete guide from IB: https://mrgilmartin.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/math-hlsl-calculator-instructions.pdf

wow nice where did you get all these IB resources? hahahahaha really impressive.

But just curious, is there like an updated version of this? This is for 2006 i guess. :P

Thank you so much :)

Edited by Guest

But just curious, is there like an updated version of this? This is for 2006 i guess. :P

I don't think there's an updated version of this. And even if there is, I can't seem to find it on google.

But anyway, I think it wouldn't matter because this is more like a guide on how to use GDC, rather than something that goes along with the IB syllabus.

In other words, you should only look at the things that are actually on syllabus. For example, you can ignore everything about matrices in that document.

That's mostly it. The confusing ones are normalcdf (which uses standard deviation) but on a test paper you would define X ~ in terms of variance. The 1-variable stats is used for grouped data, which also need some getting used to. Some basic ones are plotting graphs with different lines/thickness/dashed/dots etc, used for when plotting multiple graphs on the same chart, and arithmetics in complex numbers(!) and combinatorics. 

Then, the stats and calculus options have some their own tricks. For one the "sequence" mode is quite helpful. There is a way to export graph data to tabular form. Some paper calc questions would ask for Euler's formula for approximating a point on a graph requires that you be quite fast in making such a table (from calculator). 

• Like 1