IB BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT OR ECONOMICS With Biology

Is IB Business and Management or IB Economics easier to cope with Ib biology and Ib chemistry? Which one is easier to score a higher grade in? Which coursework is easier? I want to take medicine in college, so which subject should i pick between Economics and Business Management Please help!

I want to go for the easiest subject

The more information, the better. Thank you

As I'm not in the IB I can't say but I'll just give you a heads up and tell you that some universities and even countries consider B&M to be a "soft subjects" and don't like to accept students with it.

This totally depends on where and what type of university you want to go to though. I'd recommend looking through the syllabus and see what you find the most interesting, because after all, that's what's going to be easier for you anyways.

I was in the same situation as you are.  I wasn't really interested in picking history or business and management, and I decided to go for economics. It was a surprise because I really liked it, so it has been easy. I also picked economics to understand how it works in our society, since I have no interest in business & management (because I want to study medicine). But still check the syllabus and see which one you'd prefer. 

Also, the one you like the most will be easier. If you are interested in something, most likely it will be less tedious and easier to understand.

On a personal note, I fine BNM easier when compared to Economics, but it is totally subjective. I feel economics needs more of regular studying than BNM, and a more thorough one, which makes it comparatively more difficult. However, when it comes to university (and even as a subject in general), BNM is more of a 'derived' subject, while economics is more useful later.

So, I feel that if you would prefer an easier subject then go ahead and take BNM but, if you are even slightly willing to work a bit harder then economics is the better option out of the two. I personally would prefer Economics, but you should still go through the syllabus outline and take the final call.

Hope this helps! Best of Luck! 

Business Management is considered a "soft" subject by some places and there's a chance it might hinder your odds of getting into your desired college. 

Economics is definitely far from the toughest IB course and if you have an interest I'd recommend taking it. It teaches you a lot about the world, which is good general knowledge to have and is mostly comprised of essay writing and some basic mathematical skills (especially in HL).

In terms of workload, Business Management is (as I've heard from friends currently taking it) more work than actual difficulty, whereas Economics has slightly higher difficulty but a lot less of a workload. Also, Business Management tests are less straightforward than Economics, if you would classify that as "more difficult"

I'd say go with Economics; it's useful, appreciated by universities for its analytical thinking, and will not trouble you too much.

Edited by dhirajsnarula