Jobs and CAS

Hi, so I was wondering if there was nay way to incorporate working a job into my CAS profile? I know that anything paid does not count toward hours, however I feel like my profile looks unfairly weak. My family does not have a lot of money, and in order to offset the cost of IB I needed to work. Not having a job has not been an option since the second I turned 16 and could legally work. Working 20 hours a week during school, however, made it very difficult to be involved in the variety of extracurriculars that CAS looks for. On college application, I was able to explain my circumstances and received all acceptances. Is there a way to integrate my work experience into my CAS profile to demonstrate that I'm not just sitting around instead of doing extracurriculars? Thank you!

First of all, respect, that you manage to work and doing the IB at the same time!!

Unfortunately I'm not very creative, but you may change every simple thing into CAS... Just think about what you like to do, which will help you gain hours... For example if you like cooking, you may prepare healthy food at home like fruid salads etc. and sell it at school (of course ask for permission first). The win of this you could donate, which will also be CAS. So basically you connected something you like to do with CAS.

Another example would be if you can play a specific sport like football, basketball or any kind of sports and you know the rules and know a little tricks, so you may teach them to a good friend of you, with which you spend a lot of time...

You may even create a blog on the internet if you are interested in such a thing. A friend of mine did a blog, where she did handicrafts and showed every step, photographed it and described it. This will also provide you with a lot of hours...

So just think first, what you like/want to do and then try to connect it with CAS:D

• Like 2