help needed in choosing extended essay research question in rock music

Aylin

I have decided my extended essay topic to be on the link between rock music and globalization, and I have been focusing mainly on the bands Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath as they are the beginning of rock. However, I seem to be struggling on how to construct a good research question for this topic. In my essay, I am just basically mentioning the history of those two bands and how much they affected the world and what were those effects, and as well as how they will be linked to globalization. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks. 

What subject is this essay in? If you're writting about Pink Floyd, you may want to look into some of their lyrics and see how they reacted in their music to their fame and being involved in global music business.

This may be slightly off-topic, just the first thing that spring to my mind...

What subject is this essay in? If you're writting about Pink Floyd, you may want to look into some of their lyrics and see how they reacted in their music to their fame and being involved in global music business.

Thankyou for your suggestion. I am doing exactly that with both Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath in the body of my essay, however, my issue is finding the right and suitable research question my main question.

Thankyou for your suggestion. I am doing exactly that with both Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath in the body of my essay, however, my issue is finding the right and suitable research question my main question.

Still, which subject is it? English? Music? 

Still, which subject is it? English? Music? 

the subject is in Music 

• 2 weeks later...

I am also currently in the process of formulating a music EE and my teacher has told me that in the marking criteria you must include specific musical analysis. From what I can see you would be better off doing your EE in another subject or choosing focus points that covers the actual music rather than the history of the two bands.