Grade boundaries for Biology IA

usernamed

The grade boundaries for your year will depend on the final exam marks, the boundary is set once everybody has sat the exams and they can take everybody's exams and coursework into account. However you can look up grade boundaries from previous years because they rarely change by more than a few points either way. The main problem I think you'll have is that (to my rusty knowledge) the marking for the Biology IA has changed specifically for May 2016 to be out of 24, and so you might not be able to find representative boundaries from the past.

http://www.dpcdsb.org/NR/rdonlyres/257D5ECC-B156-4400-B0C7-D765BB3D4855/140115/201405_Grade_Boundaries.pdf would be some examples from May 2014.

• Like 1

The grade boundaries for your year will depend on the final exam marks, the boundary is set once everybody has sat the exams and they can take everybody's exams and coursework into account. However you can look up grade boundaries from previous years because they rarely change by more than a few points either way. The main problem I think you'll have is that (to my rusty knowledge) the marking for the Biology IA has changed specifically for May 2016 to be out of 24, and so you might not be able to find representative boundaries from the past.

Alright. Thankyou for that! What's the difference between TZ1 and TZ2? Because the grade boundaries for TZ2 are higher.

http://www.dpcdsb.org/NR/rdonlyres/257D5ECC-B156-4400-B0C7-D765BB3D4855/140115/201405_Grade_Boundaries.pdf would be some examples from May 2014.

Alright. Thankyou for that! What's the difference between TZ1 and TZ2? Because the grade boundaries for TZ2 are higher.

Timezone 1 and Timezone 2 - depends which part of the world you are in as to which paper you sit. I think it's the US/Europe/Africa in TZ1 and Australia/NZ/Asia in TZ2. Basically you have to have these timezones otherwise time gaps across the world mean somebody in say China could do the exam, exit and then ring up their friend in the US and tell them what is on the paper. Putting in timezones minimises this.

For some unpopular subjects e.g. Philosophy, these are Timezone 0, meaning that only one version of the paper is produced presumably because so few people take these subjects.

The grade boundaries relate to the specific paper in question, and not to the timezone. If the paper in TZ2 is easier than the one in TZ1, the grade boundaries will be higher. This reflects the questions on that paper, not the timezone.