Physics Tutor

Dear IB Students, I am a Tutor in Physics (IB and A-Levels). Being very booked these past few months, I was not able to respond positively to all requests for help. So, I decided to create an educational YT channel that everyone could use to refine difficult concepts and train on exam exercises.

It is still in its infancy, with only one series (Circular motion) completed, and one in preparation (Atomic Physics – a couple of videos are online, more to come).

It will most certainly be a yearlong project before I cover everything, so any feedback from you guys in these early stages would be very useful, it will allow me to create even better free lessons for the community.

Check the channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDuKjUhIhctf7NDGOjgg89A

And feel free to subscribe to be notified of the videos I post, which will always be very relevant to your studies of Physics!

• Like 4

The videos are very good and help while revising:D May you do some videos on the HL part of the physics curriculum in the near future? Like Motion in Fields, Electromagnetic Induction and Quantum physics, since they are the most challenging topics in the curriculum.

Thank you:D

Hello Moma,

Thank you for your comment. Yes, that's the plan! I will cover HL topics too. 

Actually, about motion in fields, there is already an exercise out there within the context of circular motion (charge moving in a magnetic field).

https://youtu.be/DVp6VJvwjl8?t=11m22s

Be well, and good luck with your studies!

• Like 1

Hi IBdoingnothing,

Yes, each topic series will have a video dedicated to exercises closely inspired by past paper problems and selected because they are tricky!.

For example, in my first series (circular motion), I made a 25-minute study session where we solve together three paper 2 type of problems! It's interactive, so take your pen and paper, and give it a shot! please give me feedback so I can make the next videos better!

https://youtu.be/-6HV4NVYWtg

Exercise 1: mechanics, conservation of energy and circular motion. A ball slides down a slope and enters a loop... 

Exercise 2: Mechanics and circular motion. A mass is swirled vertically. Minimum speed required to keep the string holding the mass straight ?

Exercise 3: Friction and circular motion. calculating the maximal angular velocity of a rotating disc so that an object placed on it does not get ejected from the surface of the rotating disc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know guys, that I finished producing and posted a video which is actually the first episode of the Atomic Physics series (Ep 02 and 03 had already been posted).

IB Physics - Atomic Physics Ep. 01 - "Energies in an Atom"

This one is a useful one to brush up on the concept of energy (Kinetic, potential, Mechanical, Internal). This is detailed in the first part of the video.

part 2 applies this concept to the atom and shows how to find the energy of an atom based on that of its constituents. (More advanced stuff, for HL, will be posted soon in Episode 4)

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IB Physics exams are approaching! I started working on a new series of videos aimed at helping you guys to prepare:

1st episode: IB Physics Exam Preparation - Waves - Double slit and diffraction gratings.

Watch the video, then after a couple of minutes, the text of a past-paper-inspired exercise will appear on the screen: pause and try to work it out. You can also print the description if you want a written form.

When you are done, watch the rest (the detailed correction) and check if you got the exercise right!

Good luck with your studies!