EE title help

oneandonlyboss

Hey all,

well like the topic says,

I want to do my EE on business, and after some random research i decided i want to do an EE about how a crack on wallstreet affects the world economy...but im not too sure if a title like that is appropriate enough (cuz i dont think its narrow enough) also is such a topic considered Business or Economics???? any suggestions on how i should change my focus of the topic or title???

Thanks in advance people!

A Victim Of IB

Economics. It's not appropriate at all, unfortunately. It's incredibly vast and IB Economics doesn't give you sufficient tools for analysis at this scale. Moreover, you couldn't get any quantitative data of your own (IB is strict about what's primary) and qualitative data wouldn't be too easy to get either, interviewing a few economists isn't necessarily enough. Don't do it, it's suicide.

crap!!!

thanks for the info Deissi...

dayem now im back to square one...

After finding out my Business/Economics was wayyyy tooooo vast....i did some peace & security research and have decided that i want to do an EE on "the factors that influenced the Israel Palestine conflict".....but is that title too broad? and is it phrased properly?

thanks in advance people!

damn i obviously suck at this!!!!!

more precise and concise, and a question type?

hmmm.....

> To what extent was the 2003 US led invasion of Iraq justified? (Peace and Conflict)
> How neutral was Switzerland during the Second World War 1939-1945 (History)
> To what extent were the bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki using atomic bombs justified? (History)

so on my list of titles these seemed to me quite narrow and concise and have enough resources and material for me to research on to meet the 4000 word limit.....but hey im a rookie and suck with choosing titles (as seen above) so am i on the right track or am i on the highway to hell???

Don't do justified questions because it's not exactly appropriate for a history EE nor a peace and conflict EE.
The Switzerland question also seems a bit oblivious, and the Palestine/Israeli is a bit too broad.

If you want to do something about Palestine and Israeli conflict, make sure you choose a specific time period and a specific event if possible like To what extent did the Lebanon war in 1982 affect the start of the First Intifada? Or you can have a question on the separation wall or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm thanks for the tip leen

been looking into the first intifada which started in 1987

there are quite a lot of facors that contributed to the start of it and i wanted to do something on that

would the title

"An investigation into the factors that gave rise to the first intifada and into the extent of which these factors were significant"

be appropriate or too broad (once again lolz)

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

EDIT:

i THINK my title my be appropriate since the criteria for Peace & Conflict extended essays says

"The better essays will examine a wide variety of opinions, assess their strong and

weak points, and include an element of personal evaluation. "

but never the less...your opinions on my titles would be appreciated =)

Edited by oneandonlyboss