Type2 portfolio

dennisalex833

Hi, i have this portfolio to do and i really cant figure how to find T or the equation relating x and y.As i have never studied in Ib Before ,i am quite not accoustomed to this format(i used to follow CBSE curriculum ).Do we need an introduction?? how should I submit the portfolio??Please help/guide me on how to do this.

2. Relevant equations

x = position of planets relative to sun

y = orbital radii

Mercury Venus Earth Mars Asteriod Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neptune Pluto

x 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

y 57.9 108.2 149.6 227.9 T 778.3 1249 2871 4504 5914

a-use the information in the chart to find an equation relating x and y,and represent this graphically.

b-use the model to predict the orbital radius of an asteroid that may lie in position 5 on the chart.Comment on the applicability of your model in predicting the orbital radius of an asteroid.

x = position of galilean moons relative to jupiter

y = orbital radii

Lo Europa Ganymede Callisto

X 5 6 7 8

Y 422 670.9 1070 1883

a-use the information in the chart to find an equation relating the average orbital radius(y) with the moon number(x) counting from Jupiter.

b-Use the mathematical model to predict the orbital radii of moons that may lie in position3,5,9 and 10.Use any astronomical data you have to comment on your models ability to predict orbital radii of Jupiter moons.

Finally, develop models for only the four innermost planets and the four Galilean moons by reducing all the orbital radii by a factor that makes the orbital radius of the first planet or moon equal to one. Give possible reasons for the similarities and/or differences in two models.

Here's this thread for the outline: http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3876

I'm afraid you can't come here and ask for answers to your questions. None of us studied in the IB and have come from varying backgrounds, and have got on just fine. Besides you have come from CBSE so I have no doubt that you can handle the mathematical aspect of things with ease.