TOEFL/IELTS tests

dkartoleksono

[quote name='dkartoleksono' post='26076' date='Oct 4 2008, 12:29 PM']My EA2 teacher told me that if you get a high enough score in EA2 HL (eg. a 5 or a 6) you don't need to take IELTS/TOEFL tests. Is this true? In need of your opinions and experience.[/quote]

yup!!! if your eng HL score is good then u dont need to take IELTS/TOEFL....

I suggest you still take it, TOEFL is pretty easy. The only problem is that it's expensive. If you do take TOEFL then you'll have double proof for universities that your English is good. You can give them your IB score and the TOEFL.

And as Aquarius said, check with the universities you have in mind. Many universities ask for SAT and SAT 2 or TOEFL and SAT 2, so yea.

Anywho, good luck.

Edited by Anonymouser

• 3 weeks later...

yes i agree with all of you guys..
it really depends on universities. Even if you get good scores on EA1, some universities still require TOEFL or IELTS if you are a foreign students.
I guess american universities are requiring them more than UK universities.
But actually TOEFL is much easier than SAT or IB, so if you get a score on IB, it'll be fine.
So, it is always better to have a score on it, even though most universities might not need it.

hmm.. yeah... do more research on your desired universities!

• 3 weeks later...

[b]always[/b] ask universities about their policies. I emailed Georgetown University stating that I'm a full IB student they replied "if the main language of instruction at your high school was English, then you do not need to submit the TOEFL"

to be on the safe side TAKE IT. it's easy ;)

It really depends on the university. Most of us don't need TOEFL for where we want to go if we manage to get a good English grade, but one of my friends (who wants to go to Japan) needs a TOEFL grade either way.

University requirements can normally be found on their website.

Hey for the TOFEL take it its reallly easy my brother took it the TOFEL ibt ( internet based test) and scored a 98 out of 120 and on top of that he left the listening exam to smoke a cig twicce which means he can easly get a higher grade and he gradutated with a 28 (predicted was 22) so wat i mean is if he did any one can lol sorry bro if ur reading this lol but yeat its super easy and again the MAXIMUM the require is a 89 and that is easy! to get so take it!