Am I the only one on this whole site with average grades?

Guest M.Windt

What grades do you get most of the time?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you get most of the time?

11 minutes ago, M.Windt said:

Okay so it seems to me that everyone on this whole sites is only getting 7s. 

Am I the only one getting 4 and 5 and 6?

What am I doing wrong?!

No worries buddy. The only subjects that I get 7 in is Danish and perhaps Visual arts. My English is at 6, History 5-6, Math is max a 5, and chemistry I HOPE to get a 5. I've actually been wondering the same thing. But I guess the ones with the highest grades are just the ones who respond the most in here - and also the ones who wants tho show their grades in all their posts down in the bottom of the post. :)

According to one of IBO's news articles, the world average of 141,831 students was 29.88 (let's say 30) for the session of May 2015, where 160 students managed to score 45. 30 is an average of 5 in every subject, also, this is including the bonus points.. so these numbers, combined with the two previous answers, should give you a clear idea of what's really happening! :P

Edited by Anthony Bui
spelling
  • Like 2

As people have mentioned, the sample that you get from sites like this aren't a perfect representation. So you aren't doing anything wrong. The fact that you're here makes it more likely that your grades will increase because of the help you'll receive (please ask for help as much as you want!). 

People with very good grades are more likely to display them and people who are attracted to this site tend to be more invested in their education in general meaning they'll aim for higher grades. 

Plus, a small trend I've noticed is people putting predicted grades or goal grades as their signature so make sure you aren't mistaking those for actual grades! 

• Like 3

Yep, the people who share their grades are the ones who are proud of doing well.

I saw a comment about people posting their high grades in signatures and how it requires "social validation" through bragging.  I don't think that's true.  Those students worked very hard and they are pleased with their results - why shouldn't they share? It's not something to ashamed of.  I dislike the culture of saying that you're doing well is considered showing off, but complaining you're doing badly is perfectly acceptable.  Instead of thinking those students are bragging, maybe we should think about the hard work that went into the numbers.  Just like anyone who shares marks they're proud of, 40+ or not.

I did have my own marks in my signature, but they were only predicted my school so very likely inaccurate, which is why I took them off.  But if I do well in my final exams, I don't see a problem with sharing my happiness, if I'm proud of what I get.

• Like 4